Bee Active TV Safety Precautions.
We want all participants to enjoy taking part in Bee Active TV Services safely. Before commencing any physical activity it is recommended that all participants check the potential risks involved and ensure any potential hazards are identified and the risk of harm is minimised. Physical exercise involves strenuous physical movement, all activity carries the risk of injury. Below are some things you should consider before taking part in any physical activity.
Bee Active TV cannot be held responsible for any injuries experienced as a result of the Bee Active TV Services. Participation in the Bee Active TV Services is done so at the participants own risk.
- Before participating in any form of physical activity it is advised that participants seek medical advice from a Doctor, General Practitioner or other suitably qualified Medical Professional.
- Any user of Bee Active TV using the Bee Active TV Service affirms that all of the following statements are true:
- no Doctor or General Practitioner has ever informed you that you have a heart condition or that you should only do physical activities recommended by a Doctor or general practitioner;
- you have never felt chest pain when engaging in physical activity;
- you have not experienced chest pain when not engaged in physical activity at any time within the past month;
- you have never lost their balance because of dizziness and you have never lost consciousness;
- you do not have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in their physical activity;
- their Doctor or General Practitioner is not currently prescribing drugs for their blood pressure or heart condition;
- you do not have a history of high blood pressure, and no one in their immediate family has a history of high blood pressure or heart problems; and
- you do not know of any other reason you should not exercise
- their Doctor or General Practitioner has been specifically consulted by you and approved of their use of the Bee Active TV Service.
- If applicable, you further affirm that you are not pregnant, breastfeeding or lactating; unless their Doctor or General Practitioner has been specifically consulted and approved their use of the Bee Active TV Service.
- It is the participants responsibility to ensure that their body is sufficiently warmed up and ready for exercise before undertaking any activities or challenges. A post activity cool down is also recommended after physical activity.
- When participating in physical activity, participants should ensure that they are dressed appropriately. Clothing should be comfortable, warm and not restrict movement or vision. Loose clothing such as scarves and other accessories should be removed.
- All jewellery and accessories should be removed before participating in physical activity such as; watches, piercings, bracelets, necklaces and other decorative items.
- Fitness tracking accessories should be removed when participating in activities involving others such as chasing games where they represent a significant risk of injury to others.
- Long hair should be tied up with a bobble and removed from the face with a hairband/ clipped with bobbin pins.
- Footwear should be fit for purpose and appropriate to the surface conditions. Footwear should demonstrate effective grip and support, and reasonable protection for outdoor activities.
- All footwear should be of the correct size and correctly fastened in the manner of its design to ensure appropriate support for the ankles.
Playing Area, Surface and Conditions
- Do not participate in physical activity on raised, uneven, damaged, wet or slippery surfaces.
- Ensure the playing area is adequate size for the activities being participated in and is free from debris or other hazards. Bee Active TV recommends using large open spaces for activities.
- Ensure that the playing surface is of a suitable material to participate in the planned activities safely.
- Ensure that the size of the playing area is suitable for the number and size of the participants and the type of activities planned.
- Remove and store any objects, furniture and equipment that is not needed away from the playing area.
- Ensure the height of any playing area is adequate for the planned activities; be aware of low hanging fixtures like light fittings or low hanging branches of a tree if outdoors.
- Ensure that fixtures, fittings, objects or furniture that could be damaged or cause harm to participants, or by participants, are removed.
- Ensure other individuals that are not participating in activities, but are nearby are also kept safe from harm. This includes young children who are under the minimum age requirements to participate.
- Ensure pets are kept secure when participating in Bee Active TV Services, so that they are not able to enter the playing area or cause any additional risks to participants.
- Ensure that the playing area is away from any loud noises (such as loud music or a loud hoover) so that all participants can hear safety instructions and communicate with each other effectively.
- Ensure the playing area is adequately lit so that participants can see each other, the playing area and the equipment clearly.
- Ensure the playing area is well ventilated and is a comfortable temperature for participation in physical activities.
- Ensure participants are ‘sun safe’ when participating in direct sunlight; use suncream, wear sun hats, take lots of rest in the shade and stay hydrated.
- Ensure the playing area is free from spillage risks such as drinks in open cups or containers, especially hot drinks that present further risks.
- Ensure all AV devices are not defected and fit for purpose. Items such as; phones, tablets, televisions speakers or computers should be stored in a safe place away from the playing area whilst participating in an activity.
If you have any doubt that the playing area or surface is not suitable for the activity you should:
- Modify the activity to make it safe
- Make adjustments to the playing area to make it safe.
- Find an alternative safe playing area/ playing surface
- Find an alternative activity.
- Children should be supervised at all times by an appropriate adult whilst participating in the Bee Active TV Services.
- It is important to select activities that are appropriate for the skills and abilities of the players participating in the Bee Active TV Services, as well as for any mental or physical conditions and/or limitations they have.
- Attempting activities that are not suitable can be dangerous.
- If a participant has a Special Educational Need or is disabled, activities and challenges should be modified accordingly so that the participant can still access some or part of the activity or skill being practiced.
- Before participating in any activities it is important that all players understand the rules of the games and any specific safety information and instructions.
- Supervising adults should reinforce any relevant safety messages and game rules to participants.
- Supervising adults should explain and instruct clearly the uses and correct handling of equipment to children, and address any misconceptions.
- Establish safe spacing between multiple active participants if applicable. If the space is not adequate for multiple players to participate at the same time, then participants should take turns.
- Supervising adults should quickly and calmly cease any participation in activities when an accident has occurred, until the incident is dealt with and it is safe to resume participation.
- Children can often get overly excited, boisterous, competitive or silly when they are having lots of fun. Supervising adults should take steps to ensure participation is stopped when there is potentially dangerous behavior and intervene so that participation remains safe.
- In activities that involve participation against others, participants should be matched against others that are a similar size, strength, build and ability.
- From time to time the Bee Active TV Services may suggest physical adjustments or the use of certain equipment, or participate in activities and challenges in other environments. It is the responsibility of the participants to determine if any such suggested adjustment or equipment is appropriate for participants’ level of ability and physical and mental condition.
- Equipment should be checked prior to use for defects, faulty equipment removed and disposed of and replaced with new equipment. You can purchase new equipment from the Bee Active TV PE Shed: https://beeactive.tv/shop/
- All equipment should be handled and used safely and appropriately only for its intended purpose. Misuse of equipment could result in serious injury. Bee Active is not responsible for damage or injury caused by inappropriate use.
- Both soft & hard equipment surfaces could be vectors for pathogenic organisms. Ensure hard equipment is regularly wiped with antibacterial wipes or soaked in sterilizing fluid, and soft/porus equipment is regularly laundered.
- Do not use or store the equipment outdoors or in damp or wet locations.
- When participating in any form of physical activity, it is advisable to have a well stocked first aid kit to hand including ice/compression packs.
- For any serious injuries you should seek guidance from the relevant emergency services, so make sure you have a phone to hand if an emergency arises.
- Participants should not continue to participate in physical activities if they are injured, without seeking advice from a Doctor, General Practitioner or Medical Professional that it is safe to do so.
- Ensure you take periodic breaks from participating in activities, to rest, hydrate and allow the body time to recover; this is more relevant in more physically demanding activities. Excessive training can result in injury.
- If you experience faintness, chest pain, or shortness of breath or discomfort, stop exercising immediately and consult a Doctor, General Practitioner or other trained Medical Professional.