Bee Active TV Copyright Policy
This Bee Active TV Copyright Policy (this “Policy”) sets forth additional requirements, guidelines, rights and licenses with regard to Bee Active TV’s intellectual property and the intellectual property of others. This Policy also applies to Bee Active TV licensees, developers, Members, customers and other parties wishing to use our intellectual property. This Policy forms part of the Terms of Service and any capitalized terms used, but not defined here, have the meanings assigned to such terms in the Terms of Service.
1. Bee Active TV Intellectual Property
Bee Active TV respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask our users to do the same. Each user is responsible for ensuring that their User Content does not infringe any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights. While we appreciate your enthusiasm for the Bee Active TV brand, the Bee Active TV Service, our instructors and community, we ask that you respect our intellectual property rights and adhere to this Policy and the Terms of Service, including Section 16 (Intellectual Property Acknowledgement).
As between you and Bee Active TV, Bee Active TV owns the Bee Active TV Service, the Content, Trademarks (as defined below), copyrights, patents, and any other audio-visual or static content, photographs, audio, images, illustrations, graphics, software, features, code, data, materials and information displayed on or otherwise made available through the Bee Active TV Service, other than content that has been licensed to us by third parties (collectively, “Bee Active TV IP”). This includes all intellectual property and proprietary rights in and to such Bee Active TV IP. As a reminder, the Bee Active TV Service is only for your personal, non-commercial use.
The Bee Active TV name, logos and affiliated properties, designs, trademarks, service marks, trade names and trade dress (collectively, “Trademarks”) are the exclusive property of Bee Active TV and/or its affiliates, whether registered or unregistered, and may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not ours, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion as to our endorsement, affiliation or sponsorship of any person, product or service. Nothing contained on the Bee Active TV Service or in this Policy should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any of our Trademarks or other intellectual property without our express prior written consent.
Any other trademarks appearing on the Bee Active TV Service are trademarks of their respective owners. Our partners or service providers may also have additional proprietary rights in the content that they make available through the Bee Active TV Service. All rights not expressly granted in this Policy or the Terms of Service are reserved.
2. Authorized Use of Bee Active TV Intellectual Property
- Bee Active TV Content and Trademarks. Only Bee Active TV and its authorised licensees may use the Content and/or Trademarks in advertising, promotional, and marketing assets or materials or for any other commercial purpose.
Any permitted use must at all times be made in accordance with the agreement between licensee and Bee Active TV and must adhere to the following requirements:
- The Content and/or Trademarks are not modified or combined with other marks in any way, including, but not limited to changing the color, ratio, audio, audio-visual, font or materials captured or contained therein.
- Include attributions as required by Bee Active TV.
- Such use presents Bee Active TV, the Content, and our products, services and brand in a favorable light.
- The Trademarks or Bee Active TV name are not part of the service or product name or domain names or websites, nor are any variations, abbreviations or formative uses (such as “BATV”), phonetic equivalent, or foreign language translations.
- The “Bee Active TV” word mark appears less prominently than the name of your service or product.
- Any reference to Bee Active TV and/or the Content or our services and products must not appear to endorse, sponsor, show an affiliation with or association between Bee Active TV and/or the Content or our services and products and you or your products and services.
- Any unauthorised use of our Trademarks or Content is strictly prohibited.
- Compatibility. Licensees may use the “Bee Active TV” word mark solely for referential purposes on packaging or materials to state that their service or product may be used with the Bee Active TV Service or our products; provided that they comply with the requirements of Section 2(a) above and the following requirements:
- Compatibility is not dependent upon your access to the Bee Active TV Service or our API and does not violate the Terms of Service.
- The service or product may in fact be used with or is compatible with the Bee Active TV Service or our products.
- Use of Bee Active TV’s “TV” logo without our express permission is strictly prohibited.
- Merchandise/Goods. You may not produce, manufacture or sell merchandise, products or services incorporating any Bee Active TV Trademarks. Examples include but are not limited to t-shirts, jackets, mugs, bags, and flags.
- Depictions of Bee Active TV Products and/or Services. Bee Active TV logos, company names, product names, or images of Bee Active TV products or user interfaces must not be used in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as such use may create the perception that Bee Active TV endorses, sponsors or is affiliated or associated with the product, service or promotion. Bee Active TV does not support the imitation of distinctive Bee Active TV products, web design, logos, packaging or typefaces.
Rules for Referencing Bee Active TV Products and Services. Please remember that any use of the Trademarks should be used as an adjective (e.g., the Bee Active TV Playpack, the Bee Active TV service, a Bee Active TV activity) not as a noun or gerund (e.g., “Bee Active TVing”)
3. Bee Active TV Intellectual Property Restrictions and Reservations
Except as expressly permitted by Bee Active TV, you may not download, display, copy, distribute, modify, perform, transfer, use, license, sublicense, create derivative works from, sell or otherwise exploit any Bee Active TV IP. Additionally, you are not permitted to alter, delete or conceal in any manner any copyright, Trademark, or other notices contained on the Bee Active TV Service, including, without limitation, notices on any Content you transmit, display, print, stream, or interact with on the Bee Active TV Service. Any unauthorized or prohibited use of any Bee Active TV IP may violate or infringe copyrights or other intellectual property laws of the United Kingdom and other countries, as well as applicable local and state laws, and may subject you to liability for such unauthorized use.
- Bee Active TV retains all right, title and interest in and to the Bee Active TV IP, and except for the limited rights and licenses granted to you under this Policy or the Terms of Service, nothing shall be construed to restrict, impair, encumber, license, alter, deprive or adversely affect the Bee Active TV IP, or any of Bee Active TV’s rights or interests therein.
4. Third Party Intellectual Property Infringement
If you believe that the Bee Active TV Service or any Content (including User Content) infringes or misappropriates your intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others (other than copyrights), please submit written notice to us at beeactive.tv/contact
5. Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with a written notice to our copyright agent (contact information below) containing the following information:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- A description of where on the Bee Active TV Site the material that you claim is infringing may be found, sufficient for Bee Active TV to locate the material (e.g., the URL).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- Your electronic or physical signature.
- You may submit this information, or any counter-notice, via:
- Email, with the subject line “Copyright Notices” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Offline: Bee Active TV. Unit 1 Trent House, Dunning Street, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST6 5AP. England.
If properly notified that any materials infringe a third party’s copyright, Bee Active TV will promptly remove such materials from the Bee Active TV Site in accordance with the U.K. Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (“CDPA”), the U.K. Digital Economy Act 2010 (“DEA”), or equivalent laws which are applicable in other jurisdictions. In addition, Bee Active TV may, when appropriate, terminate the accounts of repeat copyright infringers.
Bee Active TV may disclose any communications, including your contact information, concerning copyright notices or other intellectual property complaints with third parties, including the users who have posted the allegedly infringing material. If you have questions about the legal requirements of a copyright notice, you should consult a legal advisor and obtain professional legal advice and/or representation.